Spring clean your Closet and your Face with a 3-Step DIY Spring Cleaning Facial
Exfoliate: Baking Soda Microdermabrasion
- 2 tsp of baking soda & 2 tsp of purified water
- Starting with a clean moistened face, scrub a paste of baking soda and water onto your face in circular motions. Do this for 3-5 minutes, focusing on troublesome areas. Rinse well.
Steam: Herbal Facial Steam
- 3 c. of distilled water, 3-4 of tbsp. of rosemary, a large pot and a bath towel
- Bring the water and herbs to boil, stirring occasionally to make sure all the herbs are getting wet. Once it’s reached a boil, remove from heat (and away from stove). Drape your towel over your head and place your face above the steam for 5-10 minutes. Dry gently.
Mask: Purifying Facial Mask
- 1 egg white, 2 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp. of honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together well with a fork. Apply to the face with your fingers. Lie down and let the mask dry for 10-15 minutes. Wet your washcloth and softly scrub the mask off.