What is Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser Hair Removal is a faster, gentler way to remove unwanted hair, with permanent results. Laser Hair Removal applies precisely controlled pulses of energy (electrical and light, with cooling), reaching into the hair follicles that lie beneath the skin. The system emits near-infrared laser light that is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicle. The laser is pulsed, for only a fraction of a second. The duration of each pulse is just long enough to damage the hair follicle, while the cooling hand piece, the ChillTip, helps protect the skin by cooling the area while the laser energy is delivered.
What Should I Expect Before a Laser Treatment?
- Patients should not wax, epilate, or remove hair with the root using any other hair removal method for at least 6 weeks prior to their first session and throughout their course of treatments. The hair needs to be in place in order to be targeted by laser as laser devices targets the pigment in the hair.
- Do not tan or use tanning products 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Please shave prior to treatment- stubble is fine.
- If you have completed your package and are booking a Touch Up appointment, please DO NOT shave. The technician wants to see the placement and thickness of the hair and will shave for you.
- For Hair Removal on the face, please do not use (or make sure you wash off all) makeup prior to treatment
- If you are currently on the medication Accutane or have been in the last 6 months, please let us know. This medication can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
- Generally it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments and your technician will help determine how often you should come for treatment
How Many Laser Treatments will I Need and How Far Apart are They Scheduled?
- Most patients need at least 6 effective treatments spaced anywhere from 4-12 weeks apart. Face usually requires more frequent treatments whereas legs and back need less frequent treatments.. Hair grows in cycles. Since various hairs will enter their growth cycle at different times, about 6 treatments at intervals of 4-12 weeks are necessary to disable most of the follicles in a given area
Come in for a complimentary patch test with our Beauty Coach and see if you can say goodbye to hair forever!