Sometimes it happens. We all suffer from ingrown hairs. An ingrown hair develops when the tip of the hair turns back into the skin tissues. Here’s some tips to help with safely and effectively get rid of ingrown hairs.
- Step 1 – Stop any hair removal methods, at least in the area surrounding the ingrown hair.
- Step 2 – Lather the ingrown hair area with a mild soap and warm water. Gently rub the area with a fresh wet washcloth. Apply minimal pressure, but rub in a circular motion for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Step 3 – Apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment once or twice per day, especially following the warm compress and soap.
- Step 4 – Examine the ingrown hair carefully each day. Look for a hair that has a loop or bend that is visible.
- Step 5 – Grasp the center of the loop of hair with the tweezers. Turn the tweezers in either direction to loosen the tip of the hair and force it to pop out of the skin.
- Step 6 – Grasp the tip of the hair with the tweezers once it comes out of the skin. Gently pull straight up to withdraw the hair.
- Step 7 – Cleanse the skin with soap and water after removing the hair.
- Step 8 – Pat the area dry, and apply a thin layer of Razor Burn Freedom!
If you need one of our Hair Removal Experts to analyze your ingrown, please make a complimentary appointment today!